Charlotte Mountain Bike Clinic & Trail Ride
Look Ma, no hands!! Okay, you’re going to need both hands for this one, but whether you’re new to mountain biking or you’ve been riding for years, there’s always something new to learn and ways to ramp up your riding technique. 🚵♀️ Join us at one or both of these women’s beginner Mountain Bike Clinics and learn some basic mountain bike skills. Next time you’ll hit those trails with an extra boost of confidence. 💪
Beginner Mountain Bike Clinic
Has it been a decade or two since the last time you’ve been on something with 2 wheels?! Here is your reason to hop back on that bike! First, choose which of the beginner workshops fits your riding skills best. You may participate in the Level 2 Clinic without completing the Level 1 Clinic if you are comfortable with your skillset.
What will we be learning you ask?
Level 1 Clinic
This one is perfect if you just got your first mountain bike or if you simply want to be more comfortable and learn new skills. This ride is smooth and primarily on paved or gravel surfaces. Lessons include how your bike works, body position for stability and balance, and using brakes and gears. As the day progresses, we will work on descending and climbing skills, navigating singletrack trails, basic cornering, and managing obstacles. Lessons build one skill at a time, so you learn at your own pace. Group size is kept very small to allow individual attention and mastery of skills. The focus is on enjoying your ride by building confidence and skill – which also increases safety!
June 17, 2022
September 17, 2022
Level 2 Clinic
In the Level 2 Clinic, you will have a brief refresh on any of the skills learned in the Level 1 clinic. Still set up as a beginner workshop, just with extra challenges added. Ideally, you have experience riding on trails. You should be able to ride for 1-2 hours at a time with only brief rest stops and at an average pace of 5-6 mph on an easy terrain. This clinic is perfect if you are comfortable with body position, braking, and gearing, but want to get better. Learn to ride more smoothly and increase your speed while learning how to corner more efficiently.
July 23, 2022
October 15, 2022
Looking for even more to do in the area? Check out our other Mini Adventures Available in North Carolina.
- Hands-on training.
- Guided trail ride mountain biking.
- Meet other local Explorer Chicks in the area! Woo hoo!
- Exclusive Explorer Chick, small group, women-only Mini Adventure.
- Exclusive and Private Explorer Chick, small group, women-only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- All equipment provided.
- Mountain Bike. (You are welcome to bring your own mountain bike. Hybrid bikes aren’t as useful. Must be in good working order)
- Helmet. (You may bring your own helmet if you prefer.)
- Hands-on Instructions.
- Instruction and guidance all through the day. – No experience is necessary!
*Explorer Chick and its partners reserve the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Duration: 2.5-3.5 hours.
- Women-Only, 21+.
- Restrooms Available.
- Your order confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
The Adventure Road Group Campsite 104 at Anne Springs Close Greenway Adventure Road Entrance.
Weather Cancellation Protocols
- You will be notified 2 hours prior to the event start if cancellation is needed.
- This event can not take place during thunder and lightning conditions.
- A delayed start will take place prior to a full cancellation if possible.
- If a delayed start is not an option and the event gets canceled due to severe weather, you will be fully refunded.
Local Lodging Recommendations
- Water Bottle.
- Bug Spray.
- Must wear closed-toe shoes with laces or velcro. NO SANDALS of any kind.
- Glasses of some type are highly recommended. Very light sunglasses are best for the trail. (ie. Amber or Yellow, or Clear) Black or deep grey sunglasses are too dark and obscure your vision.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.