Adventure Weekend Getaways for Women
Workin’ for the weekend? Us too, girl! How about skipping that date with your couch, grab your girlfriends (if you want), and join us for one our weekend trips in the great outdoors?
Yep! We can help you fit some incredible adventure travel into one long weekend. Think: National Parks, state parks, rock climbing, horseback riding, whitewater rafting, dog sledding, biking, kayaking, camping, hiking, and other outdoor adventures all over North America. If it pushes you out of your comfort zone, makes you feel ALIVE, or gets your heart pumping, we’ve probably done it (and will happily do it again)!
Backpack to the depths of the Grand Canyon, run rapids in West Virginia, drive a dog sled through the Canadian Rockies, get both glamorous and a little gritty in Las Vegas, howl from our favorite summits in the Smokies, or learn valuable survival skills in the mountains of Virginia. If you need an excuse to step out of your comfort zone (and pajama pants) — come play with us!
What to Expect on a Weekend Getaway With Explorer Chick
Your Explorer Chick Dream Team provides expert-led guided weekend tours with some of the best female outdoor guides and outdoor enthusiasts in the business. Sure, we take care of those pesky trip details like entrance fees, equipment, meals and lodging. But that bonding that happens around the campfire at night or over panoramic mountain views? The friendships forged while toughing it out on the hiking trail? Those famous Explorer Chick SHE-nanigans? All we can say is once you travel with us, you get it.
We’re not just about outdoor adventure – we’re about that connection you get when you explore beautiful places with other badass women. Plus, great food, popular destinations, natural beauty, and thrilling adventure doesn’t hurt either!
More About Our Weekend Girls Trip Destinations
OK. You’re sold on the weekend adventure idea and you’re ready to lace up those hiking boots or don your best bathing suit, but where exactly are these outdoor adventures and (more importantly) are there any easy access options near you? Let’s go over it.
Our National Park Outdoor Adventures
Are you trying to cross off all 63 National Parks in the USA? Or are you going FULL ON and hitting all 423 national park sites? (Yes, there are really that many.) Either way, we’ve got National Park weekend adventures galore! Which parks can you hit for a weekend adventure trip with the girls, you ask? Here’s the 411:
- Grand Canyon – Go below the rim and dip your feed in the Colorado river backpacking in the GRAND CANYON on this long weekend trip. Four days of hiking trails, epic views, physical challenge, and SHE-nanigans with other adventure-loving ladies.
- Yosemite – Another backpacking adventure that NEEDS to be on your bucket list! It might just be four days of outdoor activities, but this adventure holiday goes HARD and we turn up the volume of life at the top of Half Dome.
- Zion and Bryce Canyon – This trip practically sells itself every. single. time. Literally, it’s so popular, we keep adding new slots and they keep selling out. Hey, we get it. This might be the most fun weekend you’ll have all year. Utah will hit your outdoorsy soul in all the feels.
- Arches – By the end of this Utah adventure, Moab will have you swooning and you may ask yourself if you can move there. It just happens. On this adventure vacation, we hit the hiking trails HARD and let our hair down in the outdoors.
- Smoky Mountains – If you want to get camping, but maybe not quite ready for wild camping (you still like flushable toilets and a comfy bed), this glamping adventure is the weekend getaway for you. On this four-day trip, we’re getting our shoes dirty in the Smoky Mountains National Park.
Other Multi-sport Outdoor Adventures
It’s not always about the national parks — gotta give those nearby state parks and your local national forest some love love too! Get a mix of creature comforts, city adventure, and outdoor exploration with these weekend getaways.
- Las Vegas – Sure, you like the outdoors, but that doesn’t mean you don’t want to get gussied up and get down with your bad self every once in a while! If we’re speaking your language here, this trip is for you! You and your girls group will take Las Vegas by storm and stay at a luxurious 4-star hotel in downtown Las Vegas. Then you’ll get outta town and let your real wild side shine with climbing, hot springs, kayaking, and slot canyons.
- West Virginia – Winter or summer, West Virginia is a treasure trove of outdoor activities and we’ve got the goods baby! Snowshoe and cross country ski in the Canaan Valley in the winter or go whitewater rafting, ziplining, rock climbing, or kayaking in the New River Gorge in the summer.
Explorer Chick Weekend Adventure Reviews
October 12, 2020
Easy doesn’t change you. 25 miles later, a bear spotting and lots of blisters and sore muscles, I did it! My goal for my 30th was to do a solo trip while doing something new and challenging and this past weekend I did that! I can say without a doubt that this weekend has been the best adventure ever. I have learned so much about myself while also being able to meet amazing, strong women who shared their stories with me and motivated me all weekend on our hikes! Thank you to all the wonderful new friends I met this weekend, can’t wait until our next adventure!
October 20th, 2020
Stepped outside of my comfort zone and pushed my limits a bit this weekend. Backpacked and camped with seven women in Red River Gorge at Gray’s Arch in Kentucky – all of us solo adventurers. We hiked 4 miles into camp and 1 mile out with all our gear. Before heading our separate ways, we did a day hike to the Natural Bridge and concluded with a celebratory lunch. What a great experience with wonderful women. Huge thank you to Explorer Chicks and our guide Kirstie for the fab weekend. Looking forward to another adventure soon!
Red River Gorge Backpacking Workshop