Baja Out to Sea Adventure
Baja, MexicoJanuary 11-17, 2018 10 Explorer Chicks
Experience Baja California Sur like no one else aboard a privately chartered boat! Spend your days playing at sea with Whale Sharks and your evenings fast asleep in your bunk anchored in the Sea of Cortez on this women only, small group active Baja Mexico Adventure!
Your time in Baja will be jam packed with only the best in adventure! You’ll swim with playful sea lions. You’ll come face to face with the largest known fish, the whale shark! You’ll learn to breathe under water with a Discover Scuba Diving day. Already a certified Scuba Diver? Fantastic! There will be equipment available for you to borrow.
Yes, there’s more! You’ll learn how to surf off the shores of Todos Santos. You’ll leave behind the equipment learning the technique to dive naturally and become a Level 1 Certified Free Diver. You’ll take to land to hike and explore the natural pools in the Sierra de Laguna. Phew.
You’ll spend 6 days/5 nights aboard our privately chartered boat around the Sea of Cortez. Each night, you’ll fall asleep to the silence and tranquility of the sea under a star filled sky. You’ll spend your final night camping at Huertas Los Mangos fully equipped with all of your basic camping needs including a lively happy hour around the campfire.
- A surf lesson off the shores of the adorable, bohemian town of Todos Santos.
- Search for and snorkel with Whale Sharks in the bay of La Paz.
- Give Scuba Diving a try without the full commitment with a Discover Scuba Diving Day.
- Ditch the equipment and earn your AIDA 1 in Freedviving.
- Snorkel with the fun and playful sea lions of Los Islotes.
- Explore the sea caves and beaches of Baja California.
- Hike the Sierra de Laguna discovering natural swimming holes.
- Enjoy the tranquility and solace of the sea.
- Free range use of on-board water equipment aboard our private vessel including kayaks and snorkel gear.
- Live a life at sea aboard a privately chartered boat with a small group of women-only Explorer Chicks.
- Enjoy an evening of camping under the stars around a bonfire.
- Meals – All of your meals are included from Lunch on Day 1 through Lunch on Day 7.
- 6 days/5 nights aboard our privately chartered boat. Sleeping arrangements are in 6 person bunk cabins with a shared bathroom including a sink, toilet, and shower. There is a shared indoor living area, a top deck area with benches and hammocks, and a swim deck. Please Note: If you are prone to sea/car sickness, this trip is not for you. This is not a luxury cruise, but a privately chartered boat with minimal amenities on board and little privacy.
- 2 days/1 night camping. All camping equipment will be provided including tents, sleeping bags, and sleeping pads.
- Meals: Beginning with Lunch on Day 1 through Lunch on Day 7.
- Transportation from the rendezvous hotel in Cabo, the return, and all trip adventures.
- A Surf Lesson in Todos Santos including board and all necessary gear.
- Snorkeling with Whale Sharks in their natural habitat.
- Wet suit, and free range use of all gear on board the private boat including snorkels and kayaks.
- Discover Scuba Diving Day including equipment and supervision of a PADI professional.
- Freediving course to earn your AIDA 1.
- Snorkeling with the sea lions of Los Islotes.
- Hiking in Sierra de Laguna with a local guide discovering natural swimming pools.
- Small Group experience! ~ Let’s connect!
- A commemorative Baja Adventure Explorer Chick Tank Top.
- An experienced Explorer Chick Adventure Leader ensuring your trip is unforgettable!
*We require a minimum of 5 Explorer Chicks for this trip. Please confirm this trip is guaranteed before booking your airfare. CONFIRMED!
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, rendezvous hotel stays, alcoholic beverages, Explorer Chick Leader tips, or costs for additional activities.
*All animal encounters are not guaranteed. Please keep in mind they are wild animals living freely.
*You will be sent medical consent forms that must be completed and potentially approved by a medical physician to participate in the Free Dive and Discover Scuba courses. These must be completed prior to your arrival if you choose to participate in these activities.
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
Your trip begins and ends in Cabo, Mexico.
On day 1 we will rendezvous at a Cabo area hotel at 9am. We recommend arriving a day earlier to relax, enjoy Cabo, and to avoid any problems with lost luggage or flights. Transfer time approximately 4 hours.
We will return to the same hotel on Day 7 after a day of hiking. Do not book a flight that departs prior to 10pm. We will make an effort to drop Explorer Chicks off at the airport who fly out on Day 7.
You will receive a travel guide prior to your arrival with all the information you’ll need to prepare for your epic trip including the rendezvous hotel information!
Travel Insurance: To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.
Activity Level – Moderate
We highly recommend training prior to your retreat. The itinerary is packed full of multiple adventures including hiking, swimming, snorkeling, surfing, and more. You must be able to swim. Explorer Chick prides itself in curating trips for women who live an active, healthy lifestyle. What this means is we tackle the big climbs, the long trails, the bucket lists, and the uncomfortable. To get the most from your retreat we recommend having a solid fitness base.
You will be sent medical consent forms that must be completed and potentially approved by a medical physician to participate in the Free Dive and Discover Scuba courses. These must be completed prior to your arrival if you choose to participate in these activities.
$2,899 (Early Bird)
$3,199 (After October 1)
Non-Refundable Deposit: $300 due at booking to secure your spot
Final Day to Register and Full Balance due: November 12, 2017
The stated deposit is due at the time of registration. Your spot is on the Adventure is not reserved until we receive your deposit. The deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE. The remaining final balance is due 60 days prior to the first day of the trip.
Your final price is determined by the date the deposit is paid.
You will receive a Paypal invoice via email after placing your reservation with payment instructions. We accept all major credit cards and checks. All discounts will be reflected on your invoice.
You will receive a second email with all waivers and any additional information we may require for your trip.
Explorer Chick wants nothing more than for you to escape on one of our adventures. However, we understand emergencies do occur that may cause you to cancel your reservation. Our cancellation policy is as follows:
The deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE.
Cancellation notices given at least 61 days in advance of the trip, will receive a Full Refund, less the deposit.
Cancellation notices gives between 60 and 31 days in advance of the trip will receive a 50% Refund, less the deposit.
There will be no refunds given for any cancellation notices given within 30 days of a trip.
No exceptions will be granted to our Cancellation policy.
We reserve the right to cancel trips with inadequate participant attendance, in which case all money paid to Explorer Chick Adventure Co, Inc will be fully refunded. Explorer Chick Adventure Co, Inc. CANNOT be held responsible for any personal expenses, such as airline tickets due to changes in itineraries or tour cancellations.
Explorer Chick reserves the right to decline to accept or retain any person as a tour participant should such person’s behavior, health or mental condition impede the operation of the trip.
Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, safety, or other unforeseen incidents.
We strongly encourage you to purchase Traveler Protection Insurance.
Travel Insurance is available from WorldNomads.com