Baja Out to Sea Adventure Cruise
Cross “become besties with a whale shark in the Sea of Cortez” off your list. This women’s adventure cruise in Baja, Mexico bunks you in a privately chartered boat so you can snorkel with sea lions, surf in the golden sun, and kayak amidst giggling gal pals. Play with fish the size of a Volkswagen bus by day, sleep in a bunk anchored in the Sea of Cortez by night. Yes, this is real life on your Baja, Mexico cruise adventure!
Privately-Chartered Boat Cruise
Your time in Baja California, Mexico will be jam-packed with excitement as you explore Isla Espíritu Santo National Park and its neighboring islands by private boat! Over the course of 6 days and 5 nights, climb aboard our cozy home at sea. You’ll fall asleep to the silence and tranquility anchored in a bay under a star filled sky.
Scuba Diving, Surfing and Free-Diving Lessons
We don’t call this an adventure cruise for nothing! Sorry, no shuffleboard or shows this trip. (We couldn’t figure out how to fit them on the boat anyway.) With its playful creatures and beautiful water, Baja, Mexico is a multisport-lovers paradise! During the course of this trip, you’ll learn:
- how to scuba dive with a “Discover Scuba Diving” day (Already a certified Scuba Diver? Fantastic! We’ve got gear you can borrow.)
- how to surf off the shores of Todos Santos
- the technique to dive naturally and become a Level 1 Certified Free Diver
La Paz Swimming, Snorkeling, Kayaking and Sierra de Laguna Hiking
Wait! Did you think we were done listing your Baja cruise activities? Ha! You’re cute. In addition to practicing (or mastering) these skills, you’ll:
- swim with the largest known fish, the majestic whale shark
- snorkel with playful sea lions
All Outdoor Activity Equipment Provided
Save room in your suitcase for extra
undies booze. Explorer Chick provides all the multisport equipment you need to play in Baja. This includes:
- wet suit
- snorkeling gear
- kayak and paddles
- scuba diving equipment
Huertas Los Mangos Overnight Camping and Happy Hour
Once we’re good and pruny, we’ll leave behind our floating home to clamber back on land. It’s down a dirt road for us to explore the natural pools in the Sierra de Laguna. (Yup, more water. Mermaid life forever). Your last night will be spent camping at Huertas Los Mangos in Santiago. It’s fully equipped with all of your basic camping needs—including a turnt up Margarita happy hour around the campfire (yes, we consider this a need).
Prepare for Your Baja Out to Sea Adventure Cruise
- A surf lesson off the shores of the adorable, bohemian town of Todos Santos.
- Search for and snorkel with Whale Sharks in the bay of La Paz.
- Give Scuba Diving a try without the full commitment with a Discover Scuba Diving Day.
- Ditch the equipment and earn your AIDA 1 in Freedviving.
- Snorkel with the fun and playful sea lions of Los Islotes.
- Explore the sea caves and beaches of Baja California.
- Hike the Sierra de Laguna discovering natural swimming holes.
- Enjoy the tranquility and solace of the sea.
- Free range use of on-board water equipment aboard our private vessel including kayaks and snorkel gear.
- Live a life at sea aboard a privately chartered boat with a small group of women-only Explorer Chicks.
- Enjoy an evening of camping under the stars around a bonfire with a happy hour and authentic Mexican dinner.
- Meals – All of your meals are included from Lunch on Day 1 through Lunch on Day 7: B-6, L-7, D-6
- Relax with a comprehensive itinerary that makes the logistics of arrival, departure, and everything between easy
- Private Explorer Chick, small group, women only tour. Embark on your adventure with encouraging and supportive bold women!
After meeting at the Rendezvous Hotel on Day 1, we will transfer to Todos Santos for a beach to ocean surf lesson followed by lunch in town. There are no changing facilities at the beach. Plan to wear your swimsuit there or change Explorer Chick style (under a towel!) at the beach.
After lunch in Todos Santos, we drive to La Paz to board our privately chartered boat. You’ll be able to pick up any alcohol or last minute necessities at the nearby gas station. The selection is very limited, so pick up any specialty items in Cabo. (Think Gas Station Alcohol selection. Your best bet is to grab booze in Cabo especially if you prefer wine and/or liquor).
The following 5 nights and 6 days will be spent cruising the Sea of Cortez. During this time you’ll snorkel with playful sea lions, explore beaches, swim with whale sharks, enjoy a Discover Scuba Class, earn your AIDA 1 Freediver certification, and hike desert trails. Each night, we will anchor down in a bay providing calmer waters and protection. We are far from city lights, so enjoy those stars!
If you are a certified diver, there will be time for you to dive. Depending on certified diver preferences and conditions, there are options for reef or wreck dives.
Life on the boat is fairly laid back. Activities are planned based on weather, sea conditions, and group dynamics.
Between adventures, there will be plenty of time to relax and simply enjoy the sun and the sea. Sun bathe, read a book, swim, or borrow a kayak. All equipment on board is available for you to play and explore! This is truly your home away from home!
In the afternoon of Day 6, you’ll leave the boat and transfer to Santiago for a night of camping. Our rustic camp set under mango trees is equipped with tents, sleeping bags, a self-composting toilet, open air kitchen, solar power, and showers. You’ll be treated to a margarita happy hour, a home cooked authentic Mexican dinner, an opportunity to make tortillas, and a campfire before settling in for the night.
The next morning (Day 7 and our final day), you’ll enjoy breakfast in the morning and then hiking, bouldering, and swimming in the Sierra de Laguna. Afterwards, we will return to our Rendezvous Hotel in Cabo.
*Due to the outdoor nature of your trip, itineraries are finalized days before the trip to work around weather and provide you with the best experience possible. Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your adventure leader as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, safety, or other unforeseen incidents. If an activity must be cancelled due to conditions and cannot be rescheduled, your Explorer Chick guide will work to find alternatives or modifications to ensure the best value for your trip.
*If you choose not to do a specific activity we have planned, it cannot be exchanged or refunded.
- 6 days/5 nights aboard our privately chartered boat. Sleeping arrangements are in 6 person bunk cabins with a shared bathroom including a sink, toilet, and shower. There is a shared indoor living area, a top deck area with benches and hammocks, and a swim deck. Please Note: This is not a luxury cruise, but a privately chartered boat with minimal amenities on board and little privacy. You’ll quickly feel at home as we are the only group aboard.
- 2 days/1 night camping – Shared 2 per tent. All camping equipment will be provided including tents, sleeping bags, and sleeping pads.
- Meals: Beginning with Lunch on Day 1 through Lunch on Day 7. B-6, L-7, D-6
- Transportation from the rendezvous hotel in Cabo, the return, and all trip adventures.
- All meals beginning with lunch on Day 1 through lunch on Day 7.
- Surf Lesson in Todos Santos.
- Snorkeling with Whale Sharks in their natural habitat.
- Wet suit, and free range use of all gear on board the private boat including snorkels and kayaks.
- Discover Scuba Diving Day including equipment and supervision of a PADI professional.
- Freediving course to earn your AIDA 1.
- Snorkeling with the sea lions of Los Islotes.
- Hiking in Sierra de Laguna with a local guide discovering natural swimming pools.
- Explorer Chick Shirt and Swag from our women-owned small, business partners!
- A detailed Travel Guide upon booking with everything you need to know for your trip
- One experienced Explorer Chick Leader ensuring your trip is seamless and unforgettable!
- The freedom to enjoy your vacation and mindlessly wander!
- Small Group experience! Your Explorer Chick Adventure is exclusive and limited to 7 women
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, rendezvous hotel stays, alcoholic beverages, Explorer Chick Leader tips, or costs for additional activities.
*All animal encounters are not guaranteed. Please keep in mind they are wild animals living freely.
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
Your trip begins and ends in Cabo, Mexico. (SJD).
On day 1 we will rendezvous at a Cabo area hotel at 8:30am. We recommend arriving a day earlier to relax, enjoy Cabo, and to avoid any problems with lost luggage or flights.
We will return to the same hotel on Day 7 after a day of hiking approximately around 4:30pm.
Hotel Information will be provided in your Travel Guide.
You will receive a travel guide attached to your booking confirmation with all the information you’ll need to prepare for your epic trip.
*We require a minimum of 4 Explorer Chicks for this trip. Please confirm this trip is guaranteed before booking your airfare.
We highly recommend training prior to your retreat. The itinerary is packed full of multiple adventures including hiking, swimming, snorkeling, surfing, and more. You must be able to swim. Explorer Chick prides itself in curating trips for women who live an active, healthy lifestyle. What this means is we tackle the big climbs, the long trails, the bucket lists, and the uncomfortable. We highly recommend training prior to your trip in all conditions to arrive with a base level of fitness. Train how you play!
You will be sent medical consent forms that must be completed and potentially approved by a medical physician to participate in the Free Dive and Discover Scuba courses. These must be completed prior to your arrival if you choose to participate in these activities.
Please consider your ability to meet the physical demands very seriously. It is for the safety of both you and our group. All Explorer Chicks will be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Physical Demands as part of their waiver upon booking.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- Easy Doesn’t Change You
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.
Save $300 with Early Bird Pricing!
See our Discount page for the Code and Expiration!
Non-Refundable Deposit: $300 due at booking to secure your spot
Payment Plans Available: Email email@example.com after booking to set up your monthly payment plan.