Dominican Republic Tropical Adventure
Discover the “Real” Dominican Republic on our multi-sport,Women Only, Small Group Adventure Tour to Cabarete. Explore the lush jungles, the sandy beaches, the dramatic mountains, the friendly culture, and the farm-to-table fresh authentic food during your 8 day trip to this tropical paradise along the north shore of Hispaniola island.
You’ll soon find that the Dominican Republic is more than All-inclusive resorts, but a mecca for adventure! You’ll travel to the countryside before hiking down into a river canyon to trek and leap from waterfalls. You’ll play in the ocean learning how to surf at Encuentro Beach. You’ll fly like an acrobat swinging from a trapeze set against a beautiful sunset. You’ll enjoy the unexpected mountain air when you whitewater raft. You’ll tour the organic farm where your included meals are sourced before hopping in a tube for a relaxing float down the river.
Every day you’ll find your body being built into a better, stronger, version of itself through playing in the outdoors. But, you’ll also have access to evening Functional Fitness classes in a tiki hut (our gym in paradise!). To balance out your epic adventures, you’ll be able to treat your body to yoga practices in a loft overlooking the ocean. No music is necessary as the the crashing waves will be the perfect back drop. Of course, you always have the option of winding down your evening with Happy Hour Mojitos watching the sunset from the beachfront bar!
- Beach to Ocean Surf Lesson at Encuentro Beach
- Ciguapa Falls canyoning, river trekking, and waterfall jumping
- Flying on a Trapeze
- White Water Rafting in the mountains of Jarabacoa
- Organic farm tour including a picnic lunch sourced directly from the farm
- Relaxing River float with an ice cold, Presidente in hand
- Functional fitness classes in a tiki hut
- Yoga practices in a loft overlooking the ocean
- Accommodations in a beachfront Eco-Hotel with wi-fi, a pool, and a restaurant/bar.
- Meals ~ All dinners and breakfasts included from time of arrival to departure and lunches where indicated above.
- 8 days/7 nights of shared occupancy accommodations at an Eco Hotel. The rooms are simple and clean with a mini fridge, drinking water, a private balcony, a ceiling fan, bathroom, safe, and closet. The hotel is run 90% on solar power and uses collected rain water.
- Accommodation amenities include a pool, Wi-Fi, Tiki Gym, Yoga Loft, and on the Beach location.
- Meals – All dinners and breakfasts included from arrival dinner to departure breakfast and lunches where indicated.
- Two hour Surf lesson including transportation, surf board, reef shoes and all other necessary gear on Encuentro Beach.
- Ciguapa Falls hike and cascading including transportation, helmet, wet suit and all other necessary gear. Plus, an authentic Dominican lunch.
- A trapeze or aerial silks lesson
- White Water Rafting in the mountains of Jarabacoa including a yummy breakfast and lunch.
- Taino Organic Farm Tour with an farm-to-table picnic lunch.
- River Float with inner tubes
- Unlimited Functional Fitness classes in a tiki hut.
- Unlimited Yoga classes in the ocean view Yoga Loft.
- Explorer Chick tank top
- Small Group – Never more than 10 Explorer Chicks to give you a truly personal, hands-on experience
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, alcoholic beverages, Explorer Chick Leader Tips, or costs for additional activities.
*A passport that is valid for at least 6 months past your arrival date is required.*
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
Throughout your week of adventure, you’ll have plenty of free time to relax by the beach, read a book by the pool, explore Cabarete, or grab a mojito at the bar.
Some Explorer Chicks want to fill every second of their trip with adventure, so we have hand-selected optional excursions to fill your free time.
Massage: Enjoy a massage at our hotel listening to the waves crash below.
- Relaxing: $50
- Sports: $60
Horseback Riding: Enjoy an easy ride on the beach or crank the pace and adventure with a ride through the mountains,
- Beach: $40 and does not include Transportation ($20 max)
- Mountains: $60
Sunset SUP $65 – Watch the sun set over the ocean from you SUP board in Sosua Bay
- Circus Lessons (Trapeze or Silks) – $40
- Surf Lessons: $45
You are welcome to book as many activities as your adventurous heart desires! We will squeeze your options into our itinerary. We will let you know your schedule once we are in the Dominican Republic. The weather can change fast in the tropics and so can our itinerary. If we must cancel one of your optional excursions, we will issue you a refund in the same manner that you paid.
You will be able to book your Optional Adventures at check-out or during your trip in the Dominican Republic with your Explorer Chick Adventure Leader.
*Price does not include Tips for your Optional Adventure Guide. Tipping is not mandatory, but our Explorer Chicks enjoy the opportunity to thank their guides. Recommended 10-20%
We require a minimum of 4 Explorer Chicks for this trip. Please confirm your trip is guaranteed before booking your airfare.
Arrival: Plan to arrive anytime on your Day 1.
Transportation costs are not included, but we will arrange for shuttles pairing you with other Explorer Chicks to save on the fare.
The airports, transfer times, approximate one-way fares are below. Fares are listed for the entire shuttle which can be shared. You will pay your driver directly.
- Puerto Plata – Gregorio Luperon (POP) – $35, Road travel time approx. 25 minutes
- Santiago – Cibao International (STI) – $100, Road Travel time approx. 90 minutes
- Santo Domingo – Las Americas International (SDQ) – $250, Road travel time approx. 2-3 hours
Departure: Plan to depart anytime on our final day.
You will receive a travel guide attached to your booking confirmation with all the information you’ll need to prepare for your epic trip!
We highly recommend training prior to your retreat. The itinerary is packed full of adventure. To get the most from your trip we recommend having a solid fitness base, otherwise you can expect muscle soreness. The Ciguapa Falls Canyoning tour includes very steep climbs that are taxing on legs. This is your biggest day with hiking into the canyon, trekking and swimming through the river, and then hiking out. It is a single track trail that can be muddy and very steep. This should not be under estimated! It is a true backcountry adventure. (And you are rewarded with the best lunch ever!). The next most challenging day is Surfing – it takes a lot to paddle back out after every wipe out. It’s earned, baby!
Please consider your ability to meet the physical demands very seriously. It is for the safety of both you and our group. All Explorer Chicks will be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Physical Demands as part of their waiver upon booking.
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.
Save an extra $300 with Early Bird Pricing!
See our Discount page for Codes and Expirations!
Non-Refundable Deposit: $300 due at booking to secure your spot