Beginner Indoor Rock Climbing Near DC
Anyone else at the tipping point and ready for a mental-health break? 🙋♀️ Before you reach for that second (girl, we know it’s really #3) glass of wine—ever think about rock climbing as a stress-release? Wait, hear us out! Rock climbing is a great way to reduce stress and it helps put the “fun” back in your brain function. Indoor climbs make it easier to hear your fellow Explorer Chicks cheering each other on through all the challenges that come with getting there, so you’ll lose yourself in the flow of the climb and gain the clarity you’ve been looking for. No experience is needed and all equipment is provided. Just show up with that Explorer Chick drive and take yourself to new heights! 🤘🧗♀️
Beginner Level Climbing Near DC
Our beginner level climbing half-day experience near DC takes place indoors so that you don’t have to worry about the weather dampening your adventurous spirit! As you learn the ropes and send a few routes, you can also pose for some glamour shots on the walls. Have your new climbing gal pals snap some photos that show off how strong you are! Your guides will provide all needed gear, including:
- Climbing harness.
- Necessary belay and rappelling devices and carabiners
- An hour and a half of beginner-level, indoor Rock Climbing.
- Find out why Rock Climbing is such an addictive sport as you fight gravity and send routes!
- Skip the intimidation of trying something new with an encouraging and supportive group of bold women!
- Climbing expertise of professionals throughout the whole experience.
- No experience needed.
- Harness, ropes and guides provided.
- Shoes available to rent for $6.
- Exclusive Explorer Chick, small group, women-only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- Meet other local Explorer Chicks in the area!
- Equipment provided.
- Safety gear.
- Harnesses and ropes.
- Instruction – No experience necessary!
- Laughter and support from your fellow Explorer Chicks!
- Safety gear.
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, additional alcoholic beverages, or costs for additional activities.
*Packages do not include Tips for your Guides. We strongly encourage you to recognize your Guides personally for their hard work and keeping you safe. Recommended tip amount for guides is 10-20%.
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Duration: Approximately 1.5 hours depending on group dynamics.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior.
- Women-only, 21+
- This is an active event, please bring snacks and a water bottle accordingly to keep you fueled!
- Restroom available.
- Your Order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
- You must also watch a short video and sign the waiver for Sportrock Climbing Centers.
Weather Cancellation Protocols
- This event will take place in all weather conditions. However, if safety becomes an issue, you will be notified at least 3 hours before the start time. If we need to cancel due to severe weather or road conditions, a rescheduled date will be offered. If the offered date will not work, a full refund will be issued.
- Alexandria has a lot of hotel options!
- There are several highly rated AirBnB locations to choose from in the area.
- There are several options for camping nearby
Sportrock Climbing Centers
5308 Eisenhower Ave
Alexandria, VA 22304
- Camera/Cell phone camera.
- Wear comfortable clothing that you can move freely in.
- Closed toed shoes.
- climbing shoes available to rent for $6.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.