Zion and Bryce Hiking and Glamping
Unreal hoodoos? Check. Slot canyons? Majestic overlooks? Check. All this and more (like heated tents with electricity) await you during our Women’s Hiking and Glamping in Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon weekend adventure!
Bryce Canyon Hiking and Beginner-Friendly Canyoneering
Escape to prehistoric Utah where you’ll hike stupid-pretty trails in Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon National Park. Wade through the Virgin River below 1,500′ canyon walls in the Narrows. Spend an entire day exploring Bryce Canyon National Park. Ghost the tourists as you wander deep into orange hoodoos. Explore areas of Zion so remote, they can only be reached by rappelling, scrambling, and down-climbing on a beginner-friendly canyoneering route.
Zion National Park’s Scout Lookout
Beastmaster up the West Rim Trail to Scout Lookout and enjoy some of the best views in Zion National Park. You’ll hike through Refrigerator Canyon, and shimmy up all 21 of Walters Wiggles to Scout Lookout with panoramic views of Zion Canyon and Virgin River. Afterward, dry your pits as you descend the trail to an easier hike around the scenic streams of Upper and Lower Emerald Pools.
Every night you’ll rest your head in Insta-worthy glamping tents bordering Zion National Park. Kick it by the campfire under a diamond sky with goddesses who aren’t afraid to get dirty.
- Check off your National Parks bucket list over 4 days with hikes in Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park.
- Get lost, figuratively, surrounded by the hoodoos of Bryce Canyon.
- Explore below the canyon walls in Zion trekking the Narrows, and cast your eyes down at the valley perched atop Scout Lookout.
- Rappel, scramble, and down climb your way canyoneering in a beginner friendly slot canyon.
- Sleep easy at our Glamping site with canvas tents outfitted with all the creature comforts.
- Actively experience the parks with 2 Explorer Chick Guides who will ensure you hike the best, and sometimes most challenging, hikes.
- Relax and let us do the driving in the Explorer Chick SHE-nanigan Shuttle!
- Disconnect to reconnect! Leave behind the constant contact and use your phone solely for capturing moments.
- Relax with a comprehensive itinerary that makes the logistics, entrance fees, navigation, meal planning, lodging, and everything in-between easy.
- Geek out with supportive and encouraging Explorer Chicks on a private, women-only, small group adventure tour.
Day 1: Welcome to Zion!
Smash down a lumber-jill breakfast before meeting your group at 7:00am at our Rendezvous Hotel in Las Vegas. You’ll be greeted by your Explorer Chick Guides with an official orientation to follow. We’ll then hop into our Explorer Chick SHE-nanigan Shuttle for a 2:30 hour transfer to Zion National Park.
The first time driving into Zion is not one you will soon forget. *wipes drool from face while staring up at towering walls* You’ll jump right into the action hiking your booty right on up all 21 of Walter’s Wiggles to Scout Lookout. We’ll take a breather and some pictures before descending the trail to an easier hike to Upper and Lower Emerald Pools; a series of natural pools and streams.
After our climb down, we’ll hop in our shuttle to our luxurious Glamping Digs.
We’ll then unpack at our Explorer Chick Base Glamping site and laze around the campfire, sharing our conquests with the stars.
Hiking Distance: 6.29 miles
Elevation Gain: 1,650′
Hiking Time: 4-5 hours
Transfer Time: 2:30 hours
Meals: L, D
Day 2: Bryce Canyon and Hoodoos
It’s a sunup to sundown day in Bryce Canyon. After crushing a hot breakfast, we’ll board the SHE-nanigan Shuttle to cruise the largest collection of hoodoos on Planet Earth. Our big hike of the day starts at the canyon rim overlooking Bryce Amphitheater which can only be described as a mosh pit of rock formations.
We’ll leave the gawking tourists behind to wander deep among the hoodoos on a remote trail. Cull your photo roll to make space for all the stunning scenery Bryce Canyon has to offer.
The rest of our day will be spent exploring the shorter trails in Bryce Park to squeeze out every second of sunlight. On our return to camp, we’ll stop for a hot dinner to silence our gremlin bellies.
Distance: 7.8 miles+
Elevation Gain: 1,545’+
Hiking Time: 5 hours
Transfer Time to Bryce Canyon: 1:30 hours
Meals: B, L, D
Day 3: Canyoneering in Greater Zion
The Zion area is home to some of the best slot canyons in the country. Slowly carved by wind and water, these canyons are best explored by scrambling, down-climbing, rappelling, and wading. In the span of 4 hours you’ll conquer 8 rappels with your highest at 70 feet! YOU’RE BASICALLY ON THE COVER OF OUTSIDE MAGAZINE NOW.
This route is perfect for beginners with no experience. Just show up willing to go ALL IN and back off the edge into the canyon. We’ll snap you cheesin’ and score plenty of Glamour Shots as the light dances off the red sandstone walls.
Your afternoon is free. As a group, you can decide to tack on another hike in Zion, take your bra off back at camp, or catch an epic sunset from the hot tub.
Wanna fill your afternoon with more adventure? You have the option this afternoon to add an off-road Jeep tour. The Jeep tour will include outside guests – not just Explorer Chicks.
Hang on tight as your 4×4 Jeep crawls over boulders and ascends narrow, steep switchbacks before pausing at a beautiful viewpoint. Ascend over 1500 feet and see the breathtaking views of the vast East Zion from Brushy Cove and Elevator Trail. Views of the West Temple, Checkerboard Mesa, the Narrows, and other prominent Zion landmarks are visible from here.
Hiking Distance: 2.1 miles
Hiking Time: 4-6 hours plus optional hikes
Meals: B, L, D
Day 4: Zion’s The Narrows and Goodbyes
Hold those tears back – we have one last epic hike! It’s an early morning to return to the park for some real-life teleportation. Alien cliffs rise above you as we descend deep below the walls to goose our way through the Virgin River. Copper waterfalls, narrowing walls, deepening water – all part of the hike up river to the infamous Wall Street.
SOAK IT ALL IN GIRL! You earned this high after a weekend of gnarly hikes, belly laughs, and new friendships. We’ll hug it up and roll out to drive the 2:30 hours back to Las Vegas. The courage in your heart and stank in your boots will buoy you until your next Explorer Chick adventure.
Plan evening flight departures after 8pm.
Distance: 5 miles
Hiking Time: 4-5 hours
Transfer time: 2:30 hours
Meals: B, L
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- 4 days / 3 nights in a canvas Glamping tents. Shared, 2 Explorer Chicks per tent. Tents are equipped with electricity and heaters. Access to a pool, hot tub, showers, and coin-op laundry.
- Guided Canyoneering tour including all necessary gear.
- Entrance and commercial permit fees to Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon National Park
- All meals as indicated in itinerary: B-3, L-4, D-3
- All tips for included meals and tours.
- Guided hiking throughout with 2 experienced Explorer Chick Guides
- A commemorative Explorer Chick shirt
- Private Explorer Chick land-transportation throughout itinerary
- A detailed Travel Guide with everything you need to know for your trip
- The freedom to enjoy your vacation and mindlessly wander!
- Small Group experience! Your Explorer Chick Adventure is exclusive and limited to 10 women
*Packages do NOT include your optional Narrows Rental Gear, rendezvous hotel, departure hotel, airfare, airport transportation, alcoholic beverages, travel insurance, Explorer Chick Leader Tips, meals exclusive of itinerary, or costs for additional activities.
*Does NOT include your Explorer Chick Guide’s Tips – Tipping your Explorer Chick Guides is optional, but customary. If you wish to recognize your Explorer Chick Guides for exceptional service we recommend you tip them 10-25% of your trip costs. Gratuities may be given to one guide—the team divides tips among themselves after the trip.
You will receive a Travel Guide with all the hotel and additional information you’ll need to prepare for your epic trip!
Your adventure begins and ends in Las Vegas, NV at our Rendezvous hotel.
Day 1: Arrival. We will rendezvous as a group at 7:00am on Day 1. It is highly recommended to arrive the day before. You are responsible for booking your arrival hotel and airport transportation.
Day 4: Departure. Plan to fly out of Las Vegas on Day 4 after 8pm. It is recommended to fly out the following day in case there are road delays or issues on the trail. You are responsible for booking your departure hotel and airport transportation.
We require a minimum of 6 Explorer Chicks for this trip. Please confirm your trip is guaranteed before booking airfare.
During your Hiking and Glamping in Zion and Bryce Canyon adventure, you will hike some of the best trails in Zion and Bryce National Parks.
- The Narrows (5 miles/5 hours)
- Fairyland Trail (7.8 miles/1,545’ gain)
- Scout Lookout to Upper + Lower Emerald Pools (6.29 miles / 1,650′ gain)
Plus, optional side hikes of varying distances/elevation.
Tackle your fears: Canyoneering may prove challenging to those who are weary of heights. The canyoneering portion involves 8 rappels up to 70 feet high. It is a beginner friendly route.
You should very easily be able to hike on rough terrain at 2 miles per hour. Please read the itinerary thoroughly with the stated hikes and gains.
You should be training on rough and rugged terrain – not always perfectly paved sidewalks. Train how you play!
Find steps, a hill, or the Stairmaster and get to climbing! Your quads, booty, and calves will thank you. Train in all the weather – This even means rain!
Train your tootsies! Do NOT show up with brand new hiking boots or trail shoes. You should be spending hours upon hours in your boots leading up to your adventure to break them in. Better to suffer blisters at home than to miss out due to painful hot spots on your feet. This is our number one injury. Do not let it happen to you!
Please consider your ability to meet the physical demands very seriously. It is for the safety of both you and our group. All Explorer Chicks will be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Physical Demands as part of their waiver upon booking.
Learn More with Explorer Chick
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.
Save $200 with our Early Bird Discounts!
Just book at least 6 Months in Advance! Discount is automatically applied.
Non-Refundable Deposit: $200 due at booking to secure your spot
- Optional Excursion
- Jeep Tour: $105
Payment Plans are Available!
- Email email@example.com after booking to set up an automatic monthly payment plan.
- OR make your own custom payments in your Explorer Chick account (Created after booking).