West Virginia Winter Adventure
Immerse yourself in West Virginia’s Canaan Valley white wonderland while discovering the allure of cross country skiing to mountain vistas and snowshoeing to frozen waterfalls on our Women Only, Small Group Winter Trip.
Each day of our mountainous adventure in West Virginia will be spent exploring the winter wonderland Canaan Valley is known for. We’ll strap on snowshoes to navigate through snow-laden trees and along frozen rivers in Blackwater Falls State Park while discovering frozen ice columns and waterfalls. We’ll spend a day learning how to cross-country ski through frozen landscapes and to white landscaped mountain vistas. Every day of our adventure will be filled with outdoor actives where we’ll embrace the winter weather and won’t want to stay indoors!
Our winter adventure in Canaan Valley is based out of a comfortable State Park Lodge where we’ll wind down each evening relishing in the day’s adventures.
- Enjoy West Virginia’s mountainous Canaan Valley while experiencing the best winter sports in the East!
- Navigate through snowy landscapes by snowshoe to frozen waterfalls, ice curtains, and rivers in Blackwater Falls State Park
- Learn to cross-country ski enjoying a variety of terrain and elevation with over 1,200 feet of vertical rise and over 60 km of cross-country ski trails
- Slow down with relaxing evenings in the colorful towns of Thomas and Davis, WV as we enjoy local eateries, live music, and microbreweries.
- Spend each night in a comfortable, State Park lodge with views of Blackwater Gorge
- Private Explorer Chick, small group, women only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bad Ass women!
- 4 days/3 nights in a State Park Lodge with views of Blackwater Gorge, Wi-Fi, indoor pool, fitness center, and restaurant on site. Rooms will be shared, double occupancy
- Full Day cross country skiing with instruction, skis, boots, and poles included
- Full Day snowshoe in Canaan Valley Resort State Park with snowshoe rental included
- Half Day snowshoe in Blackwater Falls State Park on trails right out the front door of your lodge to views of frozen waterfalls and Blackwater Gorge
- Meals from Dinner on Day 1 to Lunch on Day 4
- Transportation throughout the itinerary
- A commemorative Explorer Chick shirt
- Small Group experience! Your Explorer Chick Adventure is exclusive and limited to 12 women
*We require a minimum of 4 Explorer Chicks for this trip. Please confirm this trip is guaranteed before booking your airfare.
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, alcoholic beverages, travel insurance, Explorer Chick Leader Tips, meals exclusive of itinerary, or costs for additional activities.
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
Your adventure begins and ends at our Lodge in Blackwater Falls State Park, WV.
Arrival: Plan to arrive to our Lodge in Blackwater Falls State Park, WV on Day 1 before our 5pm Welcome Dinner. Hotel check-in begins at 3pm.
Departure: We will wrap up our snowy adventures around 1pm after our farewell lunch on Day 4.
Air Travel: You’ll want to fly into either Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) or Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT). Your airport transfers to and from our Lodge in Blackwater Falls State Park are NOT included with your package. The estimated drive time from either airport to Blackwater Falls State Park is about 3.5 hours.
You will receive a Travel Guide attached to your booking confirmation with all the hotel and all the information you’ll need to prepare for your epic trip!
This winter adventure is rated moderate and focused on a variety of outdoor, winter activities. We’ll be outside every day in a variety of winter elements snowshoeing and cross-country skiing while exploring Canaan Valley. You should train your body to be outside for hours at a time bundled up and staying active. To get the most from your Adventure we recommend having a solid fitness base with training on the trails and inclines in a variety of weather conditions. Train how you play!
Please consider your ability to meet the physical demands very seriously. It is for the safety of both you and our group. All Explorer Chicks will be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Physical Demands as part of their waiver upon booking.
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.
Save $200 with Early Bird Pricing!
See our Discount page for Codes and Expirations!
Non-Refundable Deposit: $200 due at booking to secure your spot